Participation in church events offers many benefits, but I acknowledge that participation in any event involves certain risks and hazards of injury and/or property damage. As a result, if my child is unable to contact me due to injury I authorize First Baptist Church – Ashland agents to administer necessary first aid or to procure any medical aid at my expense. 1st Baptist will not be held responsible for personal items damaged or lost on/at church activities.
• I agree to indemnify the First Baptist Church - Ashland, its officers, directors, trustees, supervisors, agents, and/or employees and volunteers for any and all damage or injury to himself/herself and others as a result of his/her participation in church sponsored events.
• I release and waive any liabilities against First Baptist Church – Ashland, and its aforementioned agents, all damage or injury that my child may cause resulting in any and all damage or injury to him/herself and others as a result of his/her participation in church sponsored events.
• I release and waive any liabilities against Frist Baptist Church- Ashland and its aforementioned agents.
• Participation in all youth events requires youth to be held to the following standards: No alcohol, tobacco, or drug use at any time while in the care of 1st Baptist agents or on 1st Baptist property. (Any required or needed medication must be cleared with the Youth Director or Event Coordinator in advance). No inappropriate language, gestures, fighting or bullying will be permitted. Individuals participating should be modestly dressed; no graphic or inappropriate materials on T-Shirts (No ads for alcohol, tobacco or firearms). Dating couples are required to remain with the group at all times; sexual misconduct will not be tolerated. Fireworks, firearms, knives and/or weapons of any kind will not be permitted. Participants are expected to remain at the event for the duration unless cleared in advance with the leaders of the event.
• If my child is not behaving in a manner consistent with the church's standards; is not following event rules or is being disrespectful to adults in charge of the event, he/she will be sent home at my expense. If my child is sent home or continues to cause problems while on youth activities I understand that he/she may be excluded from participation in any future youth events or it may be required that I, the parent/guardian attend youth events with my child. Ministry leaders will seek to provide continued love and support for students and families who may not be allowed to participate because of behavior problems.
• I acknowledge that these activities and events may include but are not limited to activities both on and off church property, during day or evening hours, requiring transportation by motorized vehicles and occasionally involving over night stays. All youth activities will be advertised and chaperoned. Call the church office if you have any questions.